CALL FOR PAPERS – FIMTE 2014
FIMTE 12th Symposium on Spanish Keyboard Music “Diego Fernández”
Early Music Revivals and the Performance of Spanish Keyboard Music
Rafael Puyana. In Memoriam
Parador de Mojácar, Almería, 7 – 9 AUGUST 2014
The 12th International Symposium on Spanish Keyboard Music “Diego Fernández” will be held at the Parador of Mojácar, Almería, Andalusia, on the 7 to 9 August 2014, as part of FIMTE 2014: the 15th International Festival of Spanish Keyboard Music. The festival will feature a full week of concerts, expert lectures, and workshops.
This symposium brings together academics and performers to investigate issues of performance practice across a range of styles. It draws on a range of expertise into past and current trends in performance of Spanish Keyboard Music.
Proposals for papers, lecture-concerts and concerts are encouraged in the following areas, but not limited to:
- Early Music Revivals: Repertoire, Performers and Performance styles
- Performance issues: ornamentation, articulation, sources, instruments
We welcome 200-250 word abstracts for 20-minute papers, as well as proposals for lecture-concerts (30-minutes) and concerts (one hour). Abstracts should be signed at the bottom with the author’s name, institutional affiliation or city of residence and full return address, including e-mail address and fax number where possible.
Official languages: English and Spanish.
Symposium fee (including Symposium dinner) EUR 170
Deadline for abstracts: 1st May 2014
For further information, please contact:
Apdo. 212 Garrucha 04630
Tel: +34 610804486/950132621
FIMTE has a limited number of scholarships available, covering only the registration fees for the symposium and/or the workshop. Travel and accommodation costs must be borne by the applicant. To apply for the scholarship, submit a CV to the organization before May 1st.
· Hotel Mojácar Playa, 3 minutes walk from the Conference building. Rooms available from 45 to 60 euros night. Please, contact them directly: http://www.hotel-mojacar-playa.com, Tel. 34-950 472602; FAX 34-950 478940; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Parador Nacional de Mojácar, where the conference is held. Rooms from 100 to 150 euros. Please, contact them directly: http://www.parador.es/en/portal.do , Tel. 34-950478250; FAX 34-950478183; e-mail: email@example.com
Because this is a touristic destination, we strongly recommend you to book at least one month prior to the symposium.
· Airport: Almería is the nearest airport (90 km from Mojácar)
· Train: Almería Station (90 km) or Lorca Station (60 km)
· Bus: Vera or Mojacar Bus Station (connecting with Barcelona, Madrid, Granada, Murcia…)
A service of shuttles Almería-Mojácar would be available in the afternoon of the 7th August. Please, contact us well in advance to organize your transport.