INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM — JORGE PEIXINHO MÉMOIRES… MIROIRS
Call for papers
The Organization Committee is pleased to invite scholars, performers, artistic researchers and friends of Jorge Peixinho’s to present proposals for papers relating to one of the six following subjects:
1. Remembering Jorge Peixinho: contributions to an oral history.
2. Ethics and Aesthetics: on the possibilities of music as a means of social intervention and Jorge Peixinho as the introducer of the Post-World War II Avant-garde in Portugal.
3. Jorge Peixinho – Gilberto Mendes: transatlantic interactions.
4. Around Jorge Peixinho: the GMCL (‘Grupo de Música Contemporânea de Lisboa’) and its composers: Clotilde Rosa, Paulo Brandão, Lopes e Silva, Constança Capdeville, and others.
5. Compositional techniques and analysis.
6. On “critical editions” of the music of Jorge Peixinho.
Presentations will be allocated up to 45 minutes, including 15 minutes for questions and discussion.
Applications must contain the following information:
1) The thematic area chosen (1 – 6)
2) Title of the presentation
3) Abstracts (the abstracts should not have over 3000 characters)
4) A short curriculum vitae (not over 2000 characters)
Dates and Deadlines
The Symposium is to take place at Culturgest in Lisbon, Portugal, from Friday, October 8, 2010 10h through Saturday, October 9, 2010 18h.
Deadline for proposals (abstracts) is April 30, 2010.
The abstracts, written in Portuguese or English in rtf format, should be sent as an attachment to the following e-mail address:
Notification of acceptance will be made by June 30, 2010.