Thirty-Third Annual Conference, International Association for Jazz
New York, January 2006
The International Association for Jazz Education invites
technology-related proposals for the 33rd Annual Conference in New York
City, January 11-14 2006. The official announcement is appended below.
Presenters must be IAJE members and will receive complimentary credentials
for the conference.
Please contact George Hess (email@example.com) for the proposal form or
33rd Annual IAJE International Conference
January 11 - 14, 2006 -- New York, New York
Technology Track Sessions
While not specifically required, it is suggested that each proposal
demonstrate a clear relationship to jazz pedagogy, jazz performance or
jazz practice. We encourage proposal submissions on the following topics:
* Computer Assisted Instruction
* Notation Software
* Sequencing Software
* Electronic Musical Instruments
* Electronic Performance Ensembles
* Digital Audio
* ProductivitySession Formats
* Within each category we encourage proposal submissions for
lecture/presentations and hands-on tutorial sessions. Industry
showcases/product demonstrations should have a clear
relationship to jazz pedagogy, performance and practice.
* Emphasis should be placed on competency acquisition so that
attendees will leave with new skills in addition to the
knowledge and the enthusiasm normally generated by technology
presentations. Hands-on sessions should focus on one or two
aspects of a program, rather than an overview.
* Sessions will have a maximum 50-minute time slot, plus 10
minutes for set-up and tear-down.
* All expenses for the proposed clinician are the responsibility of
the clinician or sponsor and not that of IAJE. Additionally, IAJE
membership is required of all clinicians.
* IAJE encourages sponsors to confirm the availability of the
proposed clinician before submitting a proposal.
* Sessions presented at the 2005 conference are not eligible to be
presented at the 2006 conference.
* For more information contact George Hess; IAJE Technology Track
Coordinator; School of Music; Central Michigan University; Mt.
Pleasant MI 48859; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: +1-(989)
774-1960; fax: (989) 774-3766.
Deadline: Completed Technology Track proposals must be received on or
before April 10, 2005.
* Receipt of your e-mailed proposal will be acknowledged by return
e-mail within five business days of submission.
* Programming Decisions will be announced by July 2005.
Technology Session Proposal Guidelines
* Request an e-mail copy of the electronic proposal form from Track
Coordinator George Hess at email@example.com.
* Complete all 14 items outlined in the Technology Session Proposal
Form and return as an electronic submission.
* Due to the nature of the selection process, incomplete or late
proposals will not be reviewed.
* Complete and e-mail your proposal to George Hess at
All Technology Track proposals must be submitted electronically and
received by Technology Track Coordinator on or before April 10, 2005.
Back to Index of Conferences
Back to Index of Past Conferences, 2006