Call for Papers
SOUTH AFRICAN SOCIETY FOR RESEARCH IN MUSIC
SIXTH ANNUAL CONGRESS
Tshwane University of Technology
19, 20, and 21 July, 2012
Proposals are invited for presentations at the 2012 Congress of the South African Society for Research in Music (SASRIM). As mandated by the 2011 AGM, we invite submissions on any research related to music; presentations will be chosen solely on the basis of their quality, not on their subject matter or approach. We hope that opening the conference in this way will stimulate members to submit a wide variety of proposals, including some that may cross traditional boundaries or present new approaches, and that the conference will encourage discussions across previously segregated sub-disciplines. A limited amount of financial support may be available for at least some of those students whose proposals are accepted by the Programme Committee and which are accompanied by a request for such support.
We invite proposals for:
Papers, which should be 20 minutes long (with an additional 10 minutes allowed for discussion); Lecture-Demonstrations, which should be 45 minutes long (with an additional 15 minutes allowed for discussion); and Round-Table Discussions, which should be 45 minutes long (with an additional 15 minutes allowed for interactions between panel members and the floor.
Proposal required for Papers and Lecture-Demonstrations
- Abstract of no more than 300 words
- Biographical note of no more than 50 words for presenter or round-table organizer and participants, including relevant email addresses
- A list of the equipment you require
Proposal required for Round-Table Discussions
- An explanation of your topic and plan for the discussion (maximum of 400 words). Please be sure your plan does not require more than 45 minutes of panel discussion.
- A list of all who have agreed to participate and their institutional affiliations and email addresses.
- A list of the equipment you require.
Please send your proposals to: email@example.com by 15 March 2012. We do not plan to extend this submission date. If you are available for less than the whole conference, please tell us in your proposal which days you are available, as this information affects the organization of the programme.