Tura New Music in association with The International Computer Music Association, Edith Cowan University and The Australasian Computer Music Association announces
The 2013 International Computer Music Conference
ICMC | IDEA
International Developments in ElectroAcoustics
12 – 16 August 2013
Perth, Western Australia
Keynotes include Agostino Di Scipio (Italy) and Alvin Curran (USA).
For 2013 ICMC also incorporates the regional Australasian Computer Music Conference and runs parallel to the 11th Totally Huge New Music Festival, Perth, Western Australia
10.12.12 Initial Call for Papers and Works
10.1.13 Full Call and Open for Submissions
10.2.13 Submission Deadline
10.2.13 Registrations Open
10.4.13 Papers and Works Confirmed
There are eight ways to submit to ICMC 2013
– short paper
– long paper
– studio report
– creative work
– piece and paper
– round table proposal
The conference theme for 2013 is IDEA – International Developments in ElectroAcoustics. We encourage the submission of papers examining any topic related to computer music and digital audio, including: aesthetic, compositional, educational, musicological, perceptual, scientific and technical aspects. Only completed papers and creative works will be considered.
Bearing in mind the conference theme, there are several streams for creative works. These may include, but are not limited to;
• solo instrument + electronics
• small and large ensemble + electronics
• live coding
• video and music
• acousmatic music
• new interfaces for musical expression
• inter-media performance
• laptop ensemble
• computer-aided acoustic composition
• spatial music
• networked performance
There are some specific instrumental configurations available at the conference and recommended for creative work applications.
• Decibel fl/afl/bfl, clar/bclar/ssax/asax/tsax, percussion, piano, violin/viola, cello, electronics
• Clocked Out prepared piano, percussion and electronics.
• Vanessa Tomlinson solo percussion
• Mark Gasser piano and electronics
• Didgeridoo and electronics
• Mace Francis Orchestra – jazz big band and electronics [4 sax, 3 tpr/flugel horn, 3 trombone, guitar, electric bass, drum kit]
• 14.2 spatial configuration
• Western Australian Laptop Orchestra [up to 20 laptops, students at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts at Edith Cowan University and The School of Music, The University of Western Australia]
Paper – completed paper using the ICMC2013 Paper Template (Word), to a maximum of 8 pages.
Poster – applicants must provide a PDF on application, and provide an A0 print for the conference.
Piece and Paper – a completed paper using the ICMC2013 Paper Template (Word), to a maximum of 4 pages, that relates to the creative work that follows the guidelines below, submitted together.
Creative Work – no longer than 15 minutes long, all programming/electronics provided as a ZIP file with original score as PDF or video file, and a recording if this is available. Please note any specific software required to perform your piece that you will not be bringing with you. Acousmatic/spatial works must submit a stereo .aiff file.
Roundtable – a group of conversants no larger than 7 or smaller than 3, no longer than 20 minutes. All members must register and attend the conference.
All accepted papers and works require registration at the conference.
A new conference website will be online early January to accept submissions from 10.1.13. Stay up to date at www.icmc2013.com.au