Cutting Edge Postgraduate Conference
CULTURE, IDENTITY, REPRESENTATION
SATURDAY 22nd MARCH 2014
Creative Edge, Edge Hill University
CALL FOR PAPERS
We live in an age of growing globalisation and expanding engagement with new media such as on-demand entertainment and social networking. The question of culture, identity and representation therefore becomes ever more pertinent to academic enquiry in the 21st century. How is identity and culture represented through visual image, sound, literature or performance, and conversely, how do these representations reflect or perform identity and culture?
We invite submissions of abstracts for 15-minute papers from postgraduate researchers, where their research encompasses one or more aspects of culture, identity or representation.
Proposals are welcome on, but by no means limited to, the following topics:
- Representations in media
- Cultural performance and identity
- Representation in literature
- The mediated image
- The politics and ethics of representation
- Mapping, culture and identity
- Historical representation and authenticity
- Gender, performance and identity
- Urban identity and culture
- Music, memory and self
- Race, culture and representation
- Identity and representation in Sport
- Animals, identity and representation
- Science, Representation and Society
Abstracts for papers should be no more than 200 words in length, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17th January 2014.
On a separate page, please list your name, email address, institutional affiliation and a short 50 word biography.
More information can be found at http://cuttingedgeconference.wordpress.com.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries.