The Ludomusicology research group is excited to announce that the Ludo 2014 international conference on videogame music will take place at the University of Chichester (UK) from Thursday 10th to Saturday 12th April 2014.
This is our third annual conference on video game sound and music, and will feature:
- Keynote addresses by:
- Kevin J. Donnelly (Southampton University), author of The Spectre of Sound: Music in Film and Television (BFI Publishing, 2005)
- William Cheng (Harvard University), author of Sound Play: Video Games and the Musical Imagination (OUP, forthcoming)
- Industry sessions with game audio professionals
- More events to be confirmed
The conference themes this year are:
- Canons and curating game music
- Simulation, immersion and “the real” in sound and audio
- Game audio outside games
Further details will be added on our website over the coming weeks.
Organizers: Michiel Kamp, Tim Summers, Mark Sweeney.