The 10th International Scientific Conference
Music Science Today: the permanent and the changeable
07.05.2015 – 08.05.2015
Daugavpils University, Faculty of Music and Art, Saules 1/3
Faculty of Music and Art of Daugavpils University in co-operation with Jāzeps Vītols Latvian Academy of Music and Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre (Lithuania) organize the 10th International Scientific Conference Music Science Today: the permanent and the changeable.
The range of themes of the conference is rather great firstly due to the common thematic line, since the permanent and the changeable issues in music are everlasting and comprehensive ones. The situation of postmodern culture, the spread of new style trends and new types of music have even more escalated the topicality of the above-mentioned issues. Secondly, apart from the tandem of history and theory, the dominant of the conference is also the other pair – the close co-existence and interaction of the research and the pedagogic-methodological aspects. Third, the total value of the conference is built also by the fact that serious presentations will be made by both Latvian scientists and foreign scholars. The content of the conference thus becomes richer with every participant, and the encouraging ideas voiced and proposed at the conference will make the basis for further research and the analysis of the cultural situation.
The aim of the conference is to promote the development of scientific communication on the international scale, to enrich the Latvian music science with new findings, to stimulate scientists to research the questions related to academic, traditional and popular music history and theory, as well as the 20th century music analysis in an integrated way.
- The link between music history and theory in scientific research
- Music in Latvia and the neighbouring countries
- The analysis of the 20th century music
· Latgale music culture
- Traditional, jazz and popular music
- Ēvalds Daugulis, Daugavpils University, Latvia, Head of Conference
- Anda Beitāne, Jāzeps Vītols Latvian Academy of Music, Latvia
- Ilma Grauzdiņa, Jāzeps Vītols Latvian Academy of Music, Latvia
- Jānis Kudiņš, Jāzeps Vītols Latvian Academy of Music, Latvia
- Leonidas Melnikas, Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Lithuania
- Romualdas Apanavičius, Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania
- Edgars Znutiņš, Daugavpils University, Latvia
- Ineta Goldmane, Daugavpils University
Working languages: English, Latvian, Russian
Deadline for registration: March 09, 2015.
Application form: http://du.lv/files/000/010/750/REGISTRATION.doc?1419842321
Deadline for the submission of abstracts (300 words) electronically: March 09, 2015.
Deadline for the submission of complete manuscripts for the proceedings: May 30, 2015.
Participation fee: 50 EUR .
Park Hotel Latgola http://www.booking.com/hotel/lv/park-latgola.en.html
Daugavpils University Students’ hotels http://www.du.lv
In case of inquiries do not hesitate to contact:
Faculty of Music and Arts
Saules 1/3-231, Daugavpils,
Phone: +371 65440819, +371 65424479
Fax: +371 65422890