Call for Papers
The Musical Salon in Visual Culture
16th International Conference of Association Répertoire International d’Iconographie Musicale (RIdIM)
7 – 9 September 2016
Important Notice re. 16th International Conference of Association RIdIM,
St. Petersburg, 7-9 Sept 2016:
The deadline for submission of paper and panel proposals has been extended to 30 April 2016.
Rimsky-Korsakov Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia
The Conference addresses topics related to the musical salon in visual culture not bound to a specific geographical area or period, including but not limited to:
- case studies of specific visual representations of musical salons.
- techniques and strategies to represent musical salons and their activity.
- the impact of the musical salon on society and culture as transmitted through the visual.
- the visualisation of music within depictions of musical salons.
- the visualisation of performance and organology matters within visual musical salon scenes.
- the role of gender, race and class in the visualisation of the musical salon.
- music and corporeal experience within the private space (as represented in the iconography of the musical salon).
- the visualisation of the sociability of the musical salon.
- the visualisation of emotions of the musical salon.
- the imaginary of the musical salon.
The full call for paper is published in English and Russian at: https://ridim.org/association-ridim-conference-2015.
Abstracts in English along with a short biography should be submitted via the automatised application form (available at https://ridim.org/application-form-ridim-2015-conference/) by 1 April 2016. Successful applicants will be notified by 1 May 2016.