7-9 April, 2017
Vano Sarajishvili Tbilisi State Conservatoire, Tbilisi, Georgia
The deadline for registration, submission of proposals and short bio is 30 September, 2016.
Official languages of the Conference are English and Georgian. All the papers will be published after the conference in both English and Georgian.
Call for papers
The Tbilisi International Musicological Conference is biennial conference on recent developments and future trends in Musicology. We welcome submissions that focus on any one or combination of the following:
- Musical education: traditions and perspectives
- Problems of theory and history of music
- Interdisciplinary research
- Music in the monocultural and multicultural society
Theme of the round table: “Musicology in the 21 century – without or with borders?”
Proposals from all areas of musicology and related music studies are invited for the following:
- Individual papers – will be twenty minutes in duration, to be followed by ten minutes for questions and discussion.
- Poster presentations – should be ten minutes in duration (in Power point presentation format), to be followed by 5 minutes for questions and discussions.
- Round table sessions will be 90-120 minutes in duration, including time for discussion. Round table sessions will comprise a panel of up to four people, each presenting a position paper (no more than 10 minutes), followed by a discussion.
All proposals should include:
- Indication of format
- Proposer’s name, affiliation, short bio – no more than 100 words
- Abstract (for individual paper) / description of the project (for poster) – no more than 250 words,
- Contact e -mail
- AV requirements
After getting a notification of acceptance presenter must send full text of paper (no more than 7 pages – font size 12, with 1.5 spacing, margins 2 cm) which should be translated for conference.
All materials should be sent to e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for online registration, abstract and short bio: 30 September, 2016
Notification of acceptance: 31 October, 2016
Deadline for papers – 20 December, 2016.
Conference: 7-9 April, 2017
Contacts and other information
For any additional information, please contact:
Phone: +995 322 98 71 88
facebook: TSC Research Department
€ 50 – for scholars
€ 30 – for PhD students
The program of the conference also includes workshops, concert and cultural program.