‘Between the Lands.
Alexander Ivashkin Remembered.’
Celebration of the legacy, musicological and performance interests of the late Professor Alexander Ivashkin
Chair of Performance and Postgraduate Studies,
Director of the Centre for Russian Music,
Founder of the Alfred Schnittke Archive,
Music Department, Goldsmiths, University of London, 1999-2014
2-3 June 2017
Council Chamber, Deptford Town Hall, Goldsmiths, University of London
Focusing on music and the other arts, the conference will bring together international renowned specialists and will include lunchtime and evening concerts as well as round table discussions.
Call for Papers
Submissions are invited for spoken papers and poster presentations. Proposals for 20-minute papers in English on any topics related to:
- Legacy of Alexander Ivashkin as a cellist, recording artist, founder of competitions and organiser of festivals, educator, music dedicatee, researcher, writer of books and articles.
- Performance issues and stylistic approaches.
- Russian music from Mikhail Glinka to the twenty-first century.
Philosophy and religion. Visual arts and cinema.
- Music of Charles Ives, John Cage, George Crumb, Krzysztof Penderecki,
Mauricio Kagel, Luigi Nono, Benjamin Britten, James McMillan, Gabriel Prokofiev and Roger Redgate.
5. Music from the Southern Hemisphere: Brett Dean, Peter Sculthorpe, Lyell Cresswell, Gillian Whitehead and Carl Vine.
Abstracts limited to c. 200-words and a short CV in Pdf format should be submitted by 20 April to Professor Natalia Pavlutskaya, the chair of the programme committee, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
100-word CV should include information about the author:
- Postal address.
- Phone and email.
- Institution/affiliation and its address.
- The list of audio-visual equipment necessary for presentation.
Applicants will be notified by 1 May 2017.
The full programme will be announced in May.
It is intended that selected papers will be published.
Registration/Conference fee of £35 will cover the cost of the conference pack and refreshments on both days.
Goldsmiths staff and students: free.
Further information can be obtained from PureGold Festival, go to
20 April submission deadline
1 May notification of submission decision 2-3 June conference
Conference address: Council Chamber, Deptford Town Hall, Goldsmiths, New Cross, London SE14 6NW.