CALL FOR PAPERS
CONMUSTERM: Terminology research in musicology and the humanities
Conference dates: May 25 – 26, 2018
Venue: University of Zagreb, Music Academy; Trg maršala Tita 12, Zagreb, Croatia
- Synchronic and diachronic approaches to music terminology
- Music terminology in reference literature and teaching materials (with special reference to recently developed terminology of music theory, composition, music technology and ethnomusicology)
- Terminology standardization in the humanities (e.g. in musicology, ethnomusicology, linguistics, art, philosophy, history, anthropology, ethnology, archaeology, etc.)
- Humanities within traditional and contemporary terminological theoretical approaches
- Terminology and the humanities in a multilingual context: linguistic and cultural specificities
- Terminology of the humanities in multilingual terminological databases
- Specific terminological issues in minor languages
- Other related topics
Official languages of the conference
Croatian and English
Markus Bandur, Academy of Sciences and Literature in Mainz / National Library in Berlin
Gerhard Budin, University of Vienna, Centre for Translation Studies
- deadline for abstract submission: 15 December 2017 conmusterm_application_form_ENG
- notice of acceptance by 31 January 2018
Types of contributions
- full papers (20-minute talk followed by 10 minutes for discussion and change of rooms)
- panel discussions (group related papers for up to 5 participants, duration 45 – 60 minutes)
Submissions of abstracts for full papers should present either complete research, or research in progress where at least some substantial results have been achieved. Work in progress which has yet to produce results can instead be submitted as a poster abstract. Both categories of abstracts should not exceed 500 words.
Submission of abstracts of 500 – 800 words for panels are to be submitted by the panel convenor(s) on behalf of all speakers, with an introduction specifying the relationship between the topics before details on individual presentations (including names and affiliations of all speakers) are given.
Fees include conference materials, lunch and refreshments for both conference days, but not accommodation:
- active participants 70 EUR
- participants without presentation 30 EUR
- conference dinner 20 EUR (not included in the conference fee)
Selected peer reviewed papers will be published following the conference within a special issue of the journal Rasprave of the Institute of Croatian Language and Linguistics.
University of Zagreb, Music Academy, Department of Musicology
Institute of Croatian Language and Linguistics, Zagreb
The conference is financed by the Croatian Science Foundation (HRZZ) within the research project Conmusterm.
Nikša Gligo (President), Tomislava Bošnjak Botica, Sanja Kiš Žuvela, Krešimir Sučević Međeral, Ana Ostroški Anić
Conference website: http://bit.ly/2wHIade