Oslo, 25 – 26 January 2018
Welcome to European Creative Futures’ seminar: Education for Music entrepreneurship 25-26 January 2018. The seminar is hosted by the Norwegian Academy of Music / CEMPE – Centre of Excellence in Music Performance Education, Oslo.
Key educators and professionals from Europe and USA come to the Norwegian Academy of Music to discuss and identify how to solve the mismatch between training in higher music education and demands from the labour market. How can musical entrepreneurship be implemented as an experiential learning practice in the curricula?
This seminar is for all educators who want to develop their educational skills for self-employment and entrepreneurial careers.
Special guest lecturers:
- Professor Gerald Klickstein, Founder and former Director of the Music Entrepreneurship & Career Center at the Peabody Institute of The John Hopkins University, USA.
- Jørgen Langdalen, Head of Institute for Music, NTNU
Lecturers from the ECF collegium
- Dr. Breda Kenny, CIT, Cork, Ireland
- Gerard ODonovan, Head of Business and Humanities, CIT, Cork, Ireland
- Roderic Udo, MSc, Research fellow – Research Group Financial Economic Advice in Innovation, Hogeschool Utrecht, University of Applied Sciences
- Robert Burke, Senior lecturer/programme leader Music performance and production, Solent Southampton University
- Nick Long, Head of Visual communication and fine art, Solent Southampton University
- Jon Helge Sætre, Associate professor/ Head of CEMPE, Norwegian Academy of music
- Andreas Sønning, Associate professor, Norwegian Academy of music
European Creative Futures is a network established within Erasmus program with five institutional members:
- Cork Institute for Technology including business, fine art, music, media and engineering
- Lahti University for applied Science, business and fine art
- Norwegian Academy of Music
- Solent Southampton University, Music performance and production, fine art, graphic design and fashion, business
- Utrecht University for Applied science, business, innovation and music management
Program and registration
Guro Cornelia Almenningen Høimyr T. +47 97122193 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andreas Sønning: +47 90123032 E-mail: email@example.com