Moscow 9 -11 April 2019
Department of Music Analysis (http://test.gnesin-academy.ru) and electronic peer-reviewed “Contemporary musicology» ( http://gnesinsjournal.ru ) by Gnesins Russian Academy of music invite to an international conference entitled «Musical composition: from intention to opus» in Moscow, Russia, April 9 – 11, 2019.
Call for Papers
Future conference is going to be the third one within the framework of the project «Technique of musical composition: theory and practice». The aim of this project: to elucidate the process of creation and comprehention of musical works.
The theme of the conference relates to (but is not limited to) the following areas:
- The idea of the work and its realization
- Draft, sketch, editing as sources for understanding the creative process
- Commission and “free creativity” in composition
- Models in composing
- Musical composition in the author’s explanations
- Composer and literary text of his works
- Performer and musical structure: mutual effect
We encourage applications from within the academy at all levels but also independent researchers, writers and artists.
We have the intention to select papers for a conference. Please send each abstract both in anonymized and unanonymized forms. Please send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st January
Emails should include:
- photo close-up in TIFF or JPG format (from 300 to 600 dpi);
- short biography and full contact details including any institutional affiliations.
- title of presentation.
- Abstracts should be up to 400 words and clearly present a research question/aim, critical review of the literature, methodology, results and conclusions.
Proposals should be submitted in pdf or docх.
Presentations should be 20 minutes in length, and will be followed by an additional 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
Full audiovisual support will be offered. For all enquiries please contact the organising team at email@example.com
Registration: Free. Рarticipants pay their own travel and accommodation expenses
Selected revised papers will be published in a special issue of online scientific journal reviewed «Contemporary musicology». For more information please visit the website (which is under construction): http://gnesinsjournal.ru
Submission deadline: 1st January 2019
Notification of acceptance: 1st February 2019
Conference: 9-11th April 2019
Final papers: 1st June 2019
Revision and publication: September 2019 – 2020
English and Russian
Susidko Irina, Full Professor, Head of the Department of of Music Analysis at Gnesins Russian Academy of music, Ph.D, Dsc
Naumenko Tatyana Full Professor, Head of the Department of Musical Theory at Gnesins Russian Academy of music, Ph.D, Dsc
Tsaregradskaya Tatyana, Full Professor, Head of the Foreign Department at Gnesins Russian Academy of music. Ph.D. Dsc
Gerver Larisa Full Professor of Music Theory at Gnesins Russian Academy of music. Ph.D