V.Sarajishvili Tbilisi State Conservatoire, Tbilisi, Georgia
The deadline for registration, submission of proposals and short bio is 15 December, 2018.
Official languages of the Conference are English and Georgian. All papers will be published after the conference at the electronic journal “Musicology and Cultural Science” (http://gesj.internet-academy.org.ge/en/title_en.php?b_sec=§ion_l=muz).
Call for papers
Tbilisi International Musicological Conference is biennial conference on recent developments and future trends in Musicology. We welcome submissions that focus on any one or combination of the following:
- Musical text fixation: transcriptions, notation, documentation
- Artistic research
- Music, word and image
- Challenges of Theory and History of Music
- Inter-textual aspects of music
- Regime, ideology and music
Theme of the round table: “Teaching of musicological disciplines: challenges and perspectives for HEIs”
Proposals from all areas of musicology and related music studies are invited for the following:
- Individual papers – will be twenty minutes in duration, to be followed by ten minutes for questions and discussion.
- Poster presentations – should be ten minutes in duration (in Power point presentation format), to be followed by 5 minutes for questions and discussions.
- Round table sessions will be 90-120 minutes in duration, including time for discussion. Round table sessions will comprise a panel of up to four people, each presenting a position paper (no more than 10 minutes), followed by a discussion.
All proposals should include:
- Indication of format
- Proposer’s name, affiliation, short bio – no more than 100 words
- Abstract (for individual paper) / description of the project (for poster) – no more than 250 words,
- Contact e -mail
- AV requirements
After getting a notification of acceptance presenter must send full text of paper (no more than 7 pages – font size 12, with 1.5 spacing, margins 2 cm) which should be translated for conference.
All materials should be sent to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for online registration, abstract and short bio: 15 December, 2018.
Notification of acceptance: 28 December, 2018
Deadline for papers – 30 January, 2019.
Conference: 2-3 May, 2019
Contacts and other information
For any additional information, please contact:
Phone: +995 322 98 71 88
facebook: TSC Research Department
50 EUR – for scholars
30 EUR – for PhD students
The program of the conference also includes workshops, concert and cultural program.