Moscow 11 -13 November 2019
Department of Music Analysis (https://gnesin-academy.ru) and electronic peer-reviewed «Contemporary musicology ” (http://gnesinsjournal.ru) (Gnesins Russian Academy of Music) in cooperation with Department of West Europe classical art (State Institute of Art Studies (http://sias.ru/en/ ) invite to an international conference « Opera in Musical Theater: History and Present Time» in Moscow, Russia, November 11–13, 2019.
Call for Papers
Future event is going to be the 4th conference within the framework of the continuing scientific project. The aim of this project: evaluation of present-day musical theater and its research, сonsideration of opera as a theatrical phenomenon.The theme of the conference relates to the following areas:
- Opera genres in historical and cultural context
- opera librettos and literary sources: the word and music – from dramma per musica to Literaturoper
- Issues of the opera performance: decorative art and staging
- baroque opera : history of production, new interpretations
- operatic works of contemporary composers: from the score to the performance
- opera perception
- opera score: textual criticism, editing and edition
- round table discussion for young researchers: the latest trends in the musical theater: the new word-gesture-sound syncretism, music in the drama theater.
We encourage applications from within the academy at all levels but also independent researchers, writers and artists.
We have the intention to select papers for a conference. Please send each abstract both in anonymized and unanonymized forms
Please send proposals to email@example.com no late then May 15, 2019
Emails should include:
- photo close-up in TIFF or JPG format (from 300 to 600 dpi);
- brief CV of each participant, including academic degree, academic title, place of work (position) or study, contact information (phone, e-mail).
- title of presentation.
- Abstracts should be 300- 400 words long (without any subheadings) and clearly present a research question/aim, critical review of the literature, methodology, results and conclusions. Abstracts should be submitted in pdf or docх.
Presentations should be 20 minutes in length, and will be followed by an additional 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
Official languages: English, Russian, German
Full audiovisual support will be offered. For all enquiries please contact the organising team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: Free. Рarticipants pay their own travel and accommodation expenses
Selected revised papers will be published in a special issue of online scientific journal “Contemporary musicology” (included into Russian Science Citation Index)
For more information about manuscript preparation visit the magazine’s website:http://gnesinsjournal.ru
Important dates :
Submission deadline: May 15, 2019
Notification of acceptance: Juny 1, 2019
Conference: November 11-13, 2019