Dates: 29 June – 1 July 2020
Location: Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark
David Meredith (Aalborg University)
Darrell Conklin (University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU)
CfP Deadline: 1 April 2020.
The International Workshop on Folk Music Analysis features research on traditional music and musical cultural heritage from interdisciplinary perspectives, including musicology, cultural studies, computer science and music information retrieval.
FMA 2020 in Aalborg will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the workshop series. For the first time FMA will collaborate with Springer, and full papers will be published by Springer in post-workshop proceedings in the Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) series.
For FMA 2020 we invite contributions on the computational study of folk, traditional and world musics. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Computational ethnomusicology
* Computational musicology
* Digital music libraries and archives
* Empirical and statistical approaches to music
* Formal and computational music analysis
* Machine learning for music analysis and generation
* Methods for music transcription and annotation
* Models of oral transmission of music
* Philosophical and aesthetic aspects
* Psychological and cognitive aspects
* Representation and modelling
* Retrieval systems for non-Western and folk musics
Submission Deadline: 1 April 2020
Notification of Acceptance: 3 May 2020
Workshop: 29 June – 1 July 2020
Full Papers ready for inclusion in Springer proceedings: 22 July 2020
FMA 2020 invites submissions in the form of Extended Abstracts (4 pages Springer template, including headers and references) or Full Papers (12-15 pages Springer template, including headers and references). Submissions should be made via EasyChair.
Author instructions and templates (Latex or Word) are available on the Springer website under “Information for Authors of Springer Computer Science Proceedings” (https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines)
For further details see the FMA website: https://fma2020.aau.dk.