Dedicated to the 150th anniversary from the birth of Zakharia Paliashvili
22-24 April, 2021
V.Sarajishvili Tbilisi State Conservatoire, Tbilisi, Georgia
Call for papers
The Tbilisi International Musicological Conference is a biennial conference on recent developments and future trends in Musicology. The 4th conference is dedicated to the 150th anniversary from the birth of one of the founders of the Georgian national composer school– Georgian composer, conductor, teacher, and public figure Zakharia Paliashvili.
We welcome submissions that focus on any one or combination of the following:
- National composition schools
- Cultural memory and contemporary music
- Multiculturalism in music.
The theme of the round table: Music education in the post COVID-19 era
Beata Bolesławska-Lewandowska (Institute of Art of the Polish Academy of Sciences), Tamar Chkheidze (V. Sarajishvili Tbilisi State Conservatoire), Christopher Dingle (Royal Birmingham Conservatoire), Marina Kavtaradze (V. Sarajishvili Tbilisi State Conservatoire), Marika Nadareishvili (V. Sarajishvili Tbilisi state Conservatoire), Manolis Vlitakis (Berlin University of the Arts).
Due to the changes caused by the pandemic, the conference will be held in online mode.
The official languages of the conference are English and Georgian. The selected papers will be invited for publication in the online journal Musicology and Cultural Science (http://gesj.internet-academy.org.ge/en/title_en.php?b_sec=§ion_l=muz).
Proposals from all areas of musicology and related music studies are invited for the following:
- Individual papers – will be twenty minutes in duration, to be followed by ten minutes for questions and discussion.
- Round table sessions – will be 90-120 minutes in duration, including time for discussion. Roundtable sessions will comprise a panel of up to four people, each presenting a position paper (no more than 10 minutes), followed by a discussion.
All proposals (as attachment in MS Word format) should include:
- Indication of format
- Proposer’s name, affiliation, short bio – a maximum of 100 words
- Abstract – a maximum of 300 words,
- Contact e -mail
- AV requirements
Closing date for online registration , sending abstract and short bio: 10 January, 2021.
Notification of acceptance: 20 January, 2021.
The deadline for submission of full text of papers (a maximum of 7 pages – font Times New Roman, size 12, with 1.5 spacing, margins 2 cm) – 1 March, 2021.
Conference: 22-24 April, 2021
All materials should be sent to e-mail: email@example.com
Contacts and other information
For any additional information, please contact:
Phone: +995 322 98 71 88